Fast Facts and Bell Times
The patron saint of the school is known as being the Mother of Jesus Christ. This school's name honours the prominent place of the history of the Blessed Virgin Mary in our Catholic faith.
The old Immaculate Conception School was first the registry office for the municipality of Ashburnham. It continued as that for years. Later it became a public school, which consisted of two buildings. Then in 1916-17, Monsignor McCall, the first pastor for Immaculate Conception Church, bought the old school and it became a Catholic school for the ever growing Catholic community of Ashburnham (East City).
The old Immaculate Conception School consisted of two buildings, one was the junior form and the other the senior form. The old Immaculate Conception School was maintained by later Immaculate Conception church pastors, Monsignor Father O'Sullivan and Father McCarney. The old school continued in its two building format for many years. Then, the new Immaculate Conception School was built in 1957. Later, in 1965 two more rooms and a gymnasium were added to have the building reach modern time standards. In recent years with more growth in East City, Immaculate Conception School has had to add seven portables, which were a computer lab and six portable classrooms.
Each school day has the following schedule
8:15 A.M. - Entry Bell
9:45 A.M. - 10:00 A.M. - Recess
11:20 P.M - 12:20 P.M - Lunch
1:45 P.M. - 2:00 P.M. - Recess
2:45 P.M. - Dismissal
The school comes together to celebrate monthly school masses with its affiliated parish, Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church, led by Pastor Father Peter Seabrooke.
386 Rogers Street
Telephone (705) 742-5466
Fax (705) 742-5467